jueves, 21 de julio de 2011

The Disturbing Reality of Lucian Freud

Some time ago, Literal published one of the most intriguing images a painter can create.  Unfortunately, Lucian Freud just passed and we can´t help remember him by sharing with our readers his work. A grandson of the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, the artist was born in Berlin in 1922. He emigrated with his family to London in 1933 to escape the Nazi takeover of Germany, and became a British citizen in 1939. His formal training was brief but included an important period in 1939 when he studied at painter Cedric Morris’s East Anglian School of Painting and Drawing in Dedham. Freud began to work full-time as an artist in 1942 and had his first solo exhibition in1944 at London’s Lefevre Gallery. Freud often describes his work as autobiographical, stating in 1974: “It is about myself and my surroundings. It is an attempt at a record. I work from the people that interest me and that I care about, in rooms that I live in and know. I use the people to invent my pictures with, and I can work more freely when they are there.”

1 comentario:

  1. I know many thing could have gone wrong this past few days investing online and getting scammed. I was also in your shoes when I invested into a fake binary option where I got scammed of $4800 of BTC but thanks to the help of hackerjudas9@gmail.com . They assisted me in recovering back my scammed BTC. I initially didn’t trust them but I was referred by a friend who I trust well. I was able to get my refund within the space of two weeks. Thanks to { hackerjudas9@gmail.com }. . Note this is not free

    ResponderEliminar